Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 1996 14:57:51 +1000
From:      Greg Healy <heagre@epoch.com.au>
To:        Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail...the saga

At 08:20 8/09/96 -0400, Kurt Schafer wrote:
>Timeouts, timeouts, still timeouts on outbound mail.
>
>Would I be opening the gate to disaster if I were to set my Cisco to use
>the following filter rules for both incoming and outbound packets ?
>
>permit icmp any any
>permit tcp any any
>permit udp any any

Apart from the obvious; your allowing full contectivty through to the
"private" side of your network.  It would remove the potiential for the
router's packet filtering being your problem.

It would be easier to just take the ip access-group statement out of the
appropriate interface configs.

Greg
--
Greg Healy                   ghealy@epoch.com.au                Bimberi Systems
Network Consultancy         Mobile +61 419 401 747           FAX +61 6 291 4818