Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 17:09:58 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   MECIA device

[[ I'll send a Japanese version of this to the Japanese mobile lists
as soon as I've translsated it ]]

The NEC Orignal PCMCIA controller is found in several Japanese NOTE98
machines.  This is also known as the MECIA, which is where the driver
gets its name.  Right now, there's a separate driver within a driver
inside the pcic driver.  I'd like to migrate it its own driver.  As a
first step, I've #ifdef'd the pcic driver for MECIA_SUPPORT.  Once
this dirver is committed to the tree, I plan on unifdefing
-UMECIA_SUPPORT in the pcic driver.  This seeems to work for me to the
level that mecia was supported before.

This should also make it possible to migratre it to NEWCARD.

Comments to me and/or the list.

http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/mecia.diff

Warner