Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:54:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Gash <gashalot@gashalot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIND 8.2.2pl5 NOTIFY problems

I recently upgraded from bind 8.1.2 to bind 8.2.2pl5 (the FreeBSD port of
bind 8.2.2pl5), and after the upgrade the NOTIFY's between ns1 and ns2
quit working properly (I have to manually issue an ndc reload ZONE to get
the nameservers to sync).  I have specified the "notify yes;" directive in
the named.conf file and everything else appears to be working fine, does
anyone know why my nameserver wouldn't be sending the notify's
properly?

(Just as a side note, the primary and secondary nameserver IPs are simply
extra IP aliases to the primary mail and webservers.  IE- primary IP for
ns1 is .129, but ns1 resolves to .133 [it's an alias], primary IP on the
ns2 machine is .130, but ns2 is bound to .134.)

-Robert Gash