Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:03:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arne Woerner <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com>, freebsd security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>,  freebsd general questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: strange problem with ipfw and rc.conf

--- gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 65335 locking out everything). I have to do "sh
> /etc/ipfw.rules" in order to load the rulesets, once I
> did that, I can access the box from remote locations

Hmm...

It helped me, to look at /etc/rc.firewall... There are some
comments, that might give u the right hints...

Maybe firewall_enable should be YES?

E. g. my /etc/rc.firewall.bartely file cannot be executed with
sh... But maybe I still did not understand ipfw...

My /etc/rc.firewall.bartely contains rules like:
add pass log all from any to 47.11.42.42
add deny log all from any to any

And in rc.conf my firewall_type=/etc/rc.firewall.bartleby

And I use default firewall_script=/etc/rc.firewall

-Arne