Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:10:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        fullermd@futuresouth.com, chad@dcfinc.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confirmation for subscribe freebsd-hackers

Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav wrote:
> "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com> writes:
> > I'd lean towards the latter.  Majordomo's (fairly) solid against random
> > quirts like this.  Plus, it was a plainly a request to subscribe -stable
> > to -hackers (from the order of the arguments and from the fact that it
> > came across in my -stable folder), so I can't imagine that happening
> > accidentally.
>
> Accidentally? No problem. Luser buys a FreeBSD CD. Luser reads the
> Fine Manual. Luser thinks them mailing list thingies are a darn fine
> idea. Luser tries to subscribe to two lists at once and bungles it,
> because Luser doesn't know that the BLSFH (B* List Server From Hell)
> we're running understands "subscribe a b" as "subscribe b to list a"
> instead of the (logical) "subscribe me to lists a and b".

	luser fails to follow the example provided.
	luser fails to read the help message returned to him.
	luser goes away.

	different luser either follows example provided
	or reads the help message returned to him.
	luser is trainable, may someday become a user, or better.
	luser subscribes to mailing list.

	which scenario are you advocating?
	should i send all these lusers your email address? ;)
jmb