Date:      Sat,  7 Sep 2002 12:50:08 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <kan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>, "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GCC 3.2 patch

Quoting Alexander Kabaev <kan@freebsd.org>:

 | Hi everyone,
 |
 | I've collected a number of patches for several problems with
 | GCC 3.2 compiler which have been brought to my attention so far.
 | While I am waiting for these patches or other suitable fixes to be
 | incorporated into FSF CVS repository, I decided to make a patch
 | file available at http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/gcc-all.diff.
 |
 | People having problems compiling their problems with the new
 | system compiler are encouraged to give this patch a try and
 | let me know if their problem is fixed ot not.
 |
 | --
Alexander,

Thanks.  The patch applied cleanly.  I built and installed with this
morning's make world.  I've tried it on a couple of programs that I
have been having problems compiling.  Centericq hasn't compiled since
the gcc change and mysql323-server hasn't compiled for some time.  It
probably has nothing to do with the compiler, but I had hoped that maybe
it would be the solution.:-)

I don't yet have any successes to credit, yet, but it certainly doesn't seem
to be worse.

Centericq finished with the same as before the patch and gives an Internal
compiler error, for what that's worth:-):

../kkconsui-0.1/include/colorschemer.h:77: warning: implicit typename is
   deprecated, please see the documentation for details
icqconf.cc: In member function `void icqconf::setourid(const
   icqconf::imaccount&)':
icqconf.cc:79: Internal compiler error in cp_expr_size, at cp/cp-lang.c:130
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
gmake[3]: *** [icqconf.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/net/centericq/work/centericq-4.8.3/src'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Mysql323-server exits with the following error even though someone did
threaten to fix it about a week ago, something must have happened:

Making all in share
c++ -DMYSQL_SERVER                      -DDEFAULT_MYSQL_HOME="\"/usr/local\""
                -DDATADIR="\"/var/db/mysql\""
-DSHAREDIR="\"/usr/local/share/mysql\""                  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I../bdb/build_unix -I../innobase/include                       -I./../include
                -I./../regex            -I. -I../include -I.. -I.    -DDBUG_OFF
-O -pipe -felide-constructors -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions  -fno-implicit-templates
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DMYSQLD_NET_RETRY_COUNT=1000000 -c mysqld.cc
/usr/include/tcpd.h: In function `void* handle_connections_sockets(void*)':
/usr/include/tcpd.h:137: too many arguments to function `void sock_host()'
mysqld.cc:2444: at this point in file
/usr/include/tcpd.h:75: too many arguments to function `int hosts_access()'
mysqld.cc:2445: at this point in file
/usr/include/tcpd.h:130: too many arguments to function `char* eval_client()'
mysqld.cc:2453: at this point in file
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server/work/mysql-3.23.52/sql.
*** Error code 1

Thanks,

ed