Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:31:04 -0300
From:      "Julian Diego Herrera Braga" <julianherrera@uol.com.br>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   About Port Redirection with PPP Aliasing

Hi all !

I got a small local network based on the PPP Pedantic Primer. I connect to
Internet by a computer running FreeBSD and there is another connected to
this by PPP on serial cable, so I have an IP aliasing network. The client
computer (i686, 450Mhz) runs also FreeBSD, so I want some TCP servers to run
by this one. The server computer (i586, 100mhz, wich connects to internet)
doesn't run any daemon server (like inetd). I would like these services
running on the client machine but when a outside machine from internet
connects to the unique IP, the connection goes to the server machine. I run
the 'alias port' command of the ppp-user program to get some port of the
server redirected to the port of client, but it doesn't work at all. The
connection to that port still goes to the server computer. Could anybody
help me to make this run and/or correct me if I made anything wrong ?

Thanks...

Julian Herrera mailto:julianherrera@uol.com.br

((( "If we entrusted our attention to the terrestrial problems we would be
limiting the human spirit." )))
((( Stephen Hawking, 57, English Physicist )))