Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:13:21 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@iii.co.uk>
To:        Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
Cc:        scott@statsci.com, Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>, Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.com>
Subject:   Re: ppp loging with new user mode ppp

On Sat, Jul 19, 1997 at 07:35:58PM +0000, Joshua Fielden wrote:
> > Go look in your /var/log directory...when I did that I notice that I
> > now have a ppp.tun0.log file in there...
>
> I ended up doing an upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.2.2 <06/18/97 release> and
> do not have a ppp.tun0.log, and my ppp.log is empty. When I do a fresh
> install of 2.2.2, I get the tun0 log, and it fills normally.

I'm guessing, but the log file will only be written to if it already exists.
If it doesn't, then nothing happens.

The fresh install of 2.2.2 probably created an empty log file, which then
filled up. Your upgrade didn't.

Of course, this doesn't solve the problem for anyone else, but it does
explain why it happened.

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
                               Pithy quotes suck.