Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:36:53 -0800
From:      "David P. Reese Jr." <daver@gomerbud.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ePSXe and CD-drive

On Thu Jan 16  9:13:45 2003 Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> Looks like I've got some issues with epsxe and cd-drive. Every time I try
> to load I get this output:

>  * Running ePSXe emulator version 1.5.2.
>
> [snip]
>
>  * Track 12:  (AUDIO) - Start 11: (62,15,36)
> CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (22)
> CD(2,19,6) read ioctl failed (22)
> CD(2,19,7) read ioctl failed (22)
>  * NTSC cdrom detected.
>  * Init gpu[0][libgpuPeopsSoftX.so.1.0.12]
>  * Open gpu[0]
>  * Init spu[0][libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.3]
>  * Open spu[0]
> CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (22)
> CD(0,2,0) read ioctl failed (22)

This is a linux binary, so it may not be passing the proper ioctl's to
/dev/cdrom.  As a workaround, i was able to use ISO's created with cdrdao.

   $ cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile iso.bin --device 1,0,0 \
     --driver generic-mmc-raw iso.toc

You dont need the *.toc file to play the image, but if you ever want to burn
it, you should keep it around.  Adjust your --device as required.

It doesnt look like the author provides source for epsxe, so it looks like
we're stuck with this as a workaround.

--

   David P. Reese Jr.                                      daver@gomerbud.com
      You shoot yourself in the foot.