Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 19:24:44 +0200
From:      Marco Masotti <masotti@mclink.it>
To:        Ian Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: microuptime() went backwards

Ian Thomas wrote:

>     I have the same mobo only with two 500's.  I have
> not gotten that message.  I was running 3.2 Release
> and just recently cvsupped to 3.x Stable.  I also
> don't keep the system on, it's in my bedroom and the
> fans keep me from sleeping.  I did lose the ability to
> go into suspend using apm after enabling the smp
> kernel.  I have not tried it with Stable yet.  Are you
> able to use apm suspend?  As far as the error, are you
> overclocking?

Hello Ian,

My system uptimes vary, but the occurrence of the problem is independent
of the duration of uptime.
It's also independent of system load condition or system
temperature/cooling.

It may in fact  happen  even at boot stage, preferrably in that case
when having just checked the filesystems (my system is scsi-only)

The problem is also relatively rare, it's exhibited once in  ten-fifteen
reloads.
The system may sustain busy 100% cpu with a double seti routine running
smooth for two or three days like a charm and being shut down by the
user on an independent basis.

apm is disabled in kernel and in the bios.
Celerons are 366 overclocked at 550.

Thanks for replying, keeping  you informed if anything discovered.

--
Marco