Date:      Tue, 24 May 2005 14:55:02 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware RAID Cards..

--nextPart2995962.RvZ4sFUCD8

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 14:48, Aaron C. Meadows wrote:

> I'm planning on using RAID 5, since they are kind of small drives, and
> I'm more interested in reliability and size, than speed.

Hmmm - I'd probably look toward a hardware system, then.  I've had great=20
luck with software mirroring and striping, but those really don't put a lot=
=20
of demand on the CPU.  If you're also doing database, mail, and PHP on the=
=20
same system then you'd probably want a bit of external acceleration.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser