Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 00:38:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      mike@hyperreal.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Process wont be killed. (and sshd freeze-ups)

I bet he needs to kill the sshd or telnetd process (owned by root)
that is controlling ttyp1.

I'm having a similar problem. sshd locks up on me for no apparent reason.
I can trigger the behavior by pasting text into my ssh client (SecureCRT).
Doesn't matter if it's on the LAN or over the 'net on a 256 kbps DSL link;
it just gets overwhelmed. Yet other traffic is unaffected. It's only ssh.
Didn't happen on FreeBSD 3.3; only on 4.2 for me.