Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:14:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@megaweapon.zigg.com>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel compile problem

Did you rebuild config from the new sources?

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Robert Watson wrote:

> As of a cvsup about 20 minutes ago, all of my kernel builds fail.  These
> are using config files that have previously worked fine (and in fact were
> pulled from working kernels using awk :).  I rm -rf'd my sys tree and
> re-cvsupped, and still it does not work.  It fails immediately after the
> load kernel line output.
>
> ----
> sh ../../conf/newvers.sh THITHLE -DMD5 -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43 -DMFS -DFFS
> -DINET
> cc -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
> -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
> -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include -DMD5 -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43
> -DMFS -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL -c vers.c
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>

>   Robert N Watson
>
> Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
> TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
> SafePort Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/
> robert@fledge.watson.org              http://www.watson.org/~robert/

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>          | http://www.zigg.com/
Network Operations, The Iserv Company | Proudly running FreeBSD; sworn
MIS, Michigan Kenworth, Inc.          | enemy of Linux, a free hack OS
Chanop Script Coordinator, WWFIN      | and Windows, a non-free hack OS!