Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:26:19 -0000
From:      "Barry Byrne" <barry.byrne@wbtsystems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrade sendmail via ports - version in smtp greeting doesn't match

All:

Not a major issue, but I've upgraded sendmail on a 4.11 box via the ports.
All appears to be working, but if I look at the SMTP greeting, the version
of sendmail or the config version is incorrect. The latter version (8.13.1)
would have been the version prior to the port upgrade.

	220 mail.domain.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.5/8.13.1;

>From memory, I think the first number is the sendmail version and the second
the config version.

I've done the make all, make install, make install-cf etc. from /etc/mail
and also done a make mailer.conf from the sendmail ports directory.

Any help on what I should do here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry