Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 14:37:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cc-mode configuration for KNF

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > I tell you, when I found out that the style(9) called for the
> >   "} else {" type style (which I personally think is the best way to hide
> > else's and lose things) I was more than a little unhappy.  I write neat
> > looking code, and I sure don't think much of that type of style.
>
> Well, personally I think that looks much neater, so there you go :-)

I wasn't questioning your taste; I just dislike that style a great deal,
and since my own is very neat (readable, repeatable) also, I don't like
being forced to write to that style.  I think the benefit (if one *does*
keep to a clear style, just not *that* one) is very questionable.

I think keeping to a clear, readable style is quite important; I think
keeping to *your* version of that style is xenophobic.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)