Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 00:10:05 GMT
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/78527: wrong Xaw3D version

The following reply was made to PR ports/78527; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, rea@rea.mbslab.kiae.ru
Cc: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 01:02:12 +0100

 The trouble is that Xaw3d will install library with the highest version of Xaw
 library. The current xorg-libraries port will install libXaw.so.6,
 libXaw.so.7 and libXaw.so.8. Xaw3d will therefore install libXaw3d.so.8. It
 should not install libXaw3d.so.7 on a system with up to date imake and
 xorg-libraries.
 The current XFree86-4-libraries port on the other hand will install
 libXaw.so.6 and libXaw.so.7. In that case Xaw3d will install libXaw3d.so.7.
 I agree that detecting this is somewhat fragile and should be fixed. I'll try
 to come up with something, but for now Xaw3d port works as it should, given
 up-to-date ports tree and up-to-date versions of ports installed.
 Because of the above, proposed patch would break 'make package' on up-to-date
 RELENG_5 system:

 ===>   Registering installation for Xaw3d-1.5_1
 ===>  Building package for Xaw3d-1.5_1
 tar: lib/libXaw3d.so.7: Could not stat: No such file or directory
 pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
 Creating package /tmp/packages/All/Xaw3d-1.5_1.tbz
 Registering depends: xorg-libraries-6.8.2 fontconfig-2.2.3,1 freetype2-2.1.7_4
 pkgconfig-0.15.0_1 expat-1.95.8.
 Creating bzip'd tar ball in '/tmp/packages/All/Xaw3d-1.5_1.tbz'
 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /a/ports/x11-toolkits/Xaw3d.