Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 01:13:29 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain-work.iafrica.com>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Uninvited usage for sendmail

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Dan Busarow wrote:

>Get sendmail 8.8.5 (seems stable now, been out for a couple of months)
>and install the check_* rules.  check_relay is the one you want.

Just to make like easier, I'm including my freebsd.mc file, which you can
use to build your "own" sendmail.cf (in /etc).

Place the freebsd.mc file in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf/ and re-compile
sendmail/.

The anti-spam filtering stuff should be included.

PS.

I'm including the file readme.txt first, to include the information explaining
what all the files do :-)

Explanation of files
--------------------

-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel    56 Mar 25 14:40 LocalNames

This is a file which contains all machines which we allow
to relay through us - i.e. they can send mail to people outside
the <whatever your domain is> domain

-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel   335 Mar 25 14:31 SpamDomains

This is a file which contains all the domains which we do not
accept mail from - they are completely banned

-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel    33 Mar 25 14:31 Spammer

This is a file which contains all the users from whom we do
not accept mail - they are completely banned

-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel    24 Mar 25 14:40 relayto

This is a file which contains all the machines for whom we retain
or accept mail. Usually for virtual domains, or if we're the backup
MX for someone

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    53 Mar 25 14:40 whoarewe

This file contains a list of possible names we're known as

--freebsd.mc--
divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
# are met:
# 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
# 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
#    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
# 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
#    must display the following acknowledgement:
#	This product includes software developed by the University of
#	California, Berkeley and its contributors.
# 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
#    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
#    without specific prior written permission.
#
# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
# ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
# IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
# ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
# FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
# DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
# OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
# HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
# LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
# OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
# SUCH DAMAGE.
#
#
#  This is a generic configuration file for 4.4 BSD-based systems,
#  including 4.4-Lite, BSDi, NetBSD, and FreeBSD.
#  It has support for local and SMTP mail only.  If you want to
#  customize it, copy it to a name appropriate for your environment
#  and do the modifications there.
#
# Anti-spam modifications installed by Khetan from
# http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/check.html
#
divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)freebsd.mc	$Revision: 1.3 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mailertable')dnl
define(`UUCP_RELAY', ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
define(`BITNET_RELAY', mailhost.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
define(`CSNET_RELAY', mailhost.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/whoarewe')dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
F{Spammer} /etc/mail/Spammer
F{SpamDomains} /etc/mail/SpamDomains

LOCAL_RULESETS
Scheck_mail
# make sure you have TABs here, not BLANKs! sendmail will complain otherwise...
R<$={Spammer}>		$#error $@ 4.7.1 $: "471 We don't accept junk mail"
R$={Spammer}		$#error $@ 4.7.1 $: "471 We don't accept junk mail"
R$*		$: $>3 $1					canonify
R$*<@$*$={SpamDomains}.>$*	$#error $@ 4.7.1 $: "471 This domain is banned." 	go away
R$*<@$*$={SpamDomains}>$*	$#error $@ 4.7.1 $: "471 This domain is banned." 	go away
LOCAL_CONFIG
F{LocalNames} /etc/mail/LocalNames
F{RelayTo} /etc/mail/relayto

LOCAL_RULESETS
Scheck_rcpt
# make sure you have TABs here, not BLANKs! sendmail will complain otherwise...
# first: get client name
R$+			$: $(dequote "" $&{client_name} $) $| $1
R $| $*			$@ ok			no client name: directly invoked
R$*$={LocalNames} $| $*		$@ ok			from here
# not local, check rcpt
R$* $| $*		$: $>3 $2