Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:11:50 -0400
From:      Tom Uffner <tom@uffner.com>
To:        flo@smeets.im
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   building seamonkey - possible clang bug

On Tue Oct 8 15:57:07 UTC 2013, Florian Smeets wrote:
 > You were out of swap space, that's why the compiler was killed.

 >> real memory  = 268435456 (256 MB)
 >> avail memory = 248418304 (236 MB)

 > This is not nearly enough, I don't recall what how much a non debug
 > build needs right now, but i think it was close to 2-3GB.
 > You could add more swap, but that's not going to make it any faster :)

Thanks. I realize this. in my message I mentioned that the failure mode
was running out of memory. and that I added swap. What I failed to include
was that (including swap) i had 3/4 G of VM the 1st time, and a bit over
2 G on the 2nd try.

Is 2GB still not enough to compile ns_core.c, or is something else wrong?

If possible I would prefer not to invest another week or more to find out
that insufficient swap space wasn't the problem after all.