Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:31:15 -0400
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Clint Olsen <clint.olsen@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Unable to update transcode port

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 07:54:47 pm Clint Olsen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I've not been able to upgrade my transcode port for some time.  It
> eventually fails with:
>
> ERROR: requirement failed: cannot link against libavcodec
> libavcodec can be found in the following packages:
>   FFmpeg  http://www.ffmpeg.org/

Do you have ffmpeg installed? Is it up-to-date? Are you using any WITH or
WITHOUT knobs for the make?

I can't tell from the output you provided if this is relevant, but I
recently had to install the archivers/lzo2 port before I could get ffmpeg
upgraded (on one machine) or transcode installed (on another). Give that
a shot.

>   Please see the INSTALL file in the top directory of the
>   transcode sources for more information about building
>   transcode with this configure script.
>
>   ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>   Please report the problem to multimedia@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
> attach the
> "/usr/ports/multimedia/transcode/work/transcode-1.0.6/config.log"
> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
> might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed
> on your system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
>   *** Error code 1
>
>   Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/transcode.
>   ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portupgrade.14149.0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade
> UPGRADE_PORT=transcode-1.0.5_3 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=1.0.5_3 make ** Fix the
> problem and try again.
>   ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>         ! multimedia/transcode (transcode-1.0.5_3)      (unknown build
> error)

JN