Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:04:06 -0600
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        Shaun <senmonk@ncweb.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Migrating User Accounts from Linux to FreeBSD

If memory serves me right, depending on how the passwords are encrypted on
your PPC box you "should" be able to just copy the passwd field from your
shadow file and plunk them into your master passwd file on your BSD box.  If
you have a lot of users this may be tedious, but should work if the password
was hashed using DES or MD5 . Of course, you probably want to change paths to
shells and homedirs, etc... as well.