Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:58:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@hyperreal.org
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw-tools ported to FreeBSD (Sony 500A DVD[+/-]R[W] support)

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Someone should build a FreeBSD port for this toolset, there's a gaping
>     hole in the FreeBSD ports tree where DVD-recording ought to be.

How timely!  I was just working last night on burning some mpgs to DVD to
watch on a standard DVD player.  The dvdrecord program worked fine for
that step, but it's good to see more tools.  What would really be nice is
a working dvdauthor port - the one that's there has missing dependencies
and certain parts of the toolchain (like mpeg2desc) that just didn't work.
Does anyone use any other tools to author video DVDs under FreeBSD?  Even
to the extent of using a Windows app like Nero under wine?

	Brian