Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:40:28 -0700
From:      David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A7A266 Motherboard

I have a new computer with an A7A266 Motherboard. Unfortunately, FreeBSD
crashes with a hard reboot whenever I try to enter X with it. This is a known
bug (#28418). The core problem seems to be the ALI M1647 chipset (which
controls the AGP).

Currently I am unable to use FreeBSD because of this.

Has anyone gotten FreeBSD to work with X on this motherboard? Is there a way
to find out if this bug is being worked on (the bug report has never been
updated)? Does anyone know of a workaround? Am I S.O.L.?

--
David Johnson