Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:30:52 -0600
From:      Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
To:        "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dev ufm0

Try...

sh MAKEDEV ufm

At 09:26 AM 3/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello -
>I am trying to use my usb FM radio on freebsd, but i am having problems
>creating
>the device.
>any suggestions?
>
>Cheers,
>
>brian
>
>[root@trinity]/home/henninb > ls /dev/ufm0*
>ls: No match.
>[root@trinity]/home/henninb > dmesg | grep ufm
>ufm0: GemTek Corp USB FM Radio, rev 1.00/4.10, addr 2
>[root@trinity]/home/henninb > cd /dev
>[root@trinity]/dev > sh MAKEDEV ufm
>ufm - no such device name
>[root@trinity]/dev > sh MAKEDEV ufm0
>ufm0 - no such device name

Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone
(425) 988-8061 - eFax

I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry
that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say "Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?"
-- Mike Godwin

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do it.
If you receive something that says 'Send this to everyone you know,
pretend you don't know me.

Standard $500/message proofreading fee applies for UCE.