Date:      16 Dec 1998 10:59:13 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Boot disk

jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au> writes:
> and rightly so ....
> [...]
> > They have no vested financial interest (I can probably
> > count on two hands the number of people making money directly from
> > FreeBSD, and they're probably all employees of Walnut Creek, with the
> take a look at freebsd-isp .. all thier are making maney directly
> from freebsd, and some wannabes as well.

No. They make their money *with* FreeBSD. Very few people make their
money *from* FreeBSD. Jordan Hubbard, David Greenman and Mike Smith,
plus the occasional contractor, are the only ones I know of.

> > are un-paid volunteers.
> so this is your excuse for poor manners, bad or at best in adequatly
> researched answers.

He doesn't need an excuse, because he was not rude. Oleg, who called
Keith "buddy", is not in any way related to the FreeBSD Project
(neither is Steve, to the best of my knowledge)

> to draw a bow from my own experiece .. i've been in computer related tech
> support fro as long as some of teh responder (in thes parts) have been alive.
> i know how easy it is to have a bad day and to take it out on teh client. one
> momentry slip will destroy years of goodwill.

Keith may very well be a client, but he's not Oleg's or Steve's
client. This is a public forum. Got that? A *public forum*. Oleg and
Steve are members of the public, and do not speak for the FreeBSD
Project. Hell, I'm a committer, and *I* don't speak for the Project.
Nobody but Jordan Hubbard does. If you ever see Jordan being rude to
anybody on this list, *then* you can start complaining.

> > Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.
> neithier is their a place for this kind of childish, rude and boorish
> behaviour.

Looks like you hit the top of the grumpy tree and every branch on the
way down, huh?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no