Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:00:49 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK1.4.2 and Opera

Opera 7.54 from ports, FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE

After have gone through the traumatic experience of installing JDK 142 (to
get OpenOffice using it), I find it's broken Opera.

When selecting a page that uses Java, I get:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so: Undefined symbol
"__cxa_atexit"

and it promptly exits (no core dump).

This used to work pre-JDK...  As I don't "do" Java, where did I go wrong?
In the meantime, I've disabled Java within Opera as a work-around.

No need to reply to me personally, as I'm on the list.

-- Dave