Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:49:33 -0600
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Rachel Florentine" <rachel_florentine@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What Did I Do To My Server?!

On 11/29/06, Rachel Florentine <rachel_florentine@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 75Hi;
> I thought I'd backup the working drive of my server to my new .5 teraflop HD. When I tried, something went haywire. It deleted the most important parts of my Zope installations (which are backed up) but now I can't install Zope. It throws strange errors. What could have happened? How do I troubleshoot this? Been at it 10 hours today...no luck.

Could you please show the actual out-put when zope fails
to install?

Even better might be to know what commands you issued
and the output of your failed backup, which might let on
what is actually wrong, since simple pax/tar/dump operations
rarely (never) go "haywire" for _no_ reason.

At a guess, you still have zope listed in /var/db/pkg and need
to make deinstall or pkg_delete before you can reinstall it.