Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:53:22 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Why I hate Redhat and Oracle .....

So our company decides to switch our Oracle servers from Solaris
to Redhat x86 because of Oracle RAC and having to pay so much more
on Solaris (Veritas is required).

Working with HP on this (no, they are still really Compaq people).
They got propritary scripts and as it looks like drivers for their
hardware and Redhat AS. Redhat offers AS Developer Edition, in theory
a platform fo you to test your application or third party drivers/
applications on.

But no:

This does not appear to be the correct distribution.
expecting redhat-release:
Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola)
Found /etc/redhat-release:
Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1ASDE Developer Edition (Destin)

Won't work .... ok, bite the bullet, buy AS now ... loading www.redhat.com
Advanced Server Basic  ... sold out
Advanced Server Standard ... Available
Advanced Server Premium ... Available.

What is the difference between them ? The type of support you get.
Try to call their sales line ... all gone home already...

PLEASE ORACLE, PORT YOUR DAMN PRODUCT TO FREEBSD.

--
Regards, Ulf.