Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 14:36:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Daniel Kramer <tdk98@hampshire.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing a replacement ethernet card

I have hopefully a simple question.  I was having trouble with a 3Com
ethernet card so I want to swap it out with a different brand.  If I
simply exchange the cards will all my ethernet settings be applied to the
new card.  For instance, if I had dhcp setup for the old card will it
automatically work when I put the new card in?  I have of course installed
a new kernel with the right drivers.  Thanks.

Trevor
tkramer@hampshire.edu