Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:37:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lars Erik Gullerud <lerik@nolink.net>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
Cc:        "darcy@PyGreSQL.org" <darcy@PyGreSQL.org>
Subject:   Re: databases/py-PyGreSQL with postgresql7-client only fails

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Well... the python client should of course not need server headers.
> Probably, one might argue that the needed types should really exists in
> some client header as well... I'm not sure. The postgres.h header is not
> needed at all, it is a common mistake to add it to client applications. The
> pg_types.h *is* needed, since it defines the representations numbers for
> different system types.
>
> Anyway, the needed types are system types and very stable according to the
> postgresql folks, so they could really be copied into PyGreSQL
> distribution. The attached patch should fix your problem. Please try it out.

The patch does indeed make PyGreSQL build (and function) successfully,
thanks!

Whether the permanent solution is indeed to include these #DEFINEs
directly into the PyGreSQL source as your patch does, or include a
wider set of headers with the client-only build of PostgreSQL, is
something I assume you guys will be able to get worked out. :)

Regards,
Lars Erik Gullerud