Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:18:01 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mutt header arrangement

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 08:23:33AM +0200, John Oxley wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I hope this is the correct list to post to.

I believe mutt has its own mailing list for user support.  However, it's
a while since I was subscribed...

> When I receive mail in mutt, I have set it to ignore certain headers.
> What I want coming through is From: To: Cc: Bcc: Subject: Date:
>=20
> How can I order them in mutt so that they are always shown like that,
> not randomly jumbled up by whoever is sending me the mail.  I don't want
> to play with the mail using maildrop, I'd much rather get mutt to do it,
> because I often want to see the full headers of the mail.

I achieve this with these lines in my ~/.muttrc

ignore *
unignore from date subject to cc

unhdr_order
hdr_order From Date: From: To: Cc: Subject:

You should take a look at the documentation section at mutt.org for a
lot more information, it is a very useful resource.

HTH

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \