Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 22:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Tiemann <btman@ugcs.caltech.edu>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Sascha Schumann <sas@schell.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More httpd process-limit problems

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, spork wrote:

> Have you found a resolution to this problem?

	Sort of. I've tuned kern.somaxconn to 256, and pretty much left
everything else as-is, and haven't had the processes stack up or run away
in over a week now. So I wouldn't consider it "fixed", but I'm personally
out of other ideas beyond just hoping. :P

> I'm still not clear on which things in login.conf are actually used...
> What happens if you put the webserver user in root's login class?  Are you
> sure you're not hitting the limits set in the shell?  Tru su-ing to the
> web user and see what "ulimit -a" shows for proc and mem limits..

	I would, except ulimit doesn't seem to exist on any FreeBSD
machine I've used. :)

Brian