Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 18:49:55 -0700
From:      ulairi <ulairi@ulairi.org>
To:        David Loszewski <drlski@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with startup, need help ASAP

Quoting David Loszewski <drlski@attbi.com>:

> I'm having a problem where I just added another harddrive.  The only
> problem is that I think I named the drive wrong in fstab.  I named it as
> /dev/da3s1e but when I try to boot the machine up it comes up saying

D'Oh!. Heh. I should have read the acutal question (tunnel vision at the end of
the day is my excuse...).

mount -a should mount enough of your environment to do "vi".

If not, take a look at the /etc/fstab and see if you can mount /usr by hand.

Or do the emergency shell thing off the install CD.

--
"To achieve victory when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme
of excellence. Nor is it the true acme of excellence when you win and the whole

                                Sun Tzu, The Art of War. [6th Century. B.C.E.]"