Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 00:36:05 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg_version -v  returns: succeeds port for pdksh-5.2.14

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:23:36PM +0100, S. Roberts wrote:
> Hey Erik,
>     Thanks for the quick feedback. I was beginning to worry about having
> to re-run something or the other.
>
> So following on from "not worrying about this", does this anomaly get
> sorted out by itself at some point? Meaning.., should I be thinking of
> contacting the port maintainer so as to alert them to this ocurence?

It gets sorted out when the version number of the pdksh port is bumped
to something which pkg_version considers as newer than 5.2.14
(5.2.14p2 could be a good new version number.)
If he is not already aware of this, then contacting the port maintainer
might be a good idea, yes.
(I saw a report about this on the freebsd-ports list before, so the
maintainer might already be aware of this.)