Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:26:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: ports/2764

 * I must say I'm sorry, because my post contained many bugs _o_

That's ok.  People learn from their mistakes. :)

 * So I build new Tcl/Tk ports. It fixes this probrem, and provide
 * a new feauture.

That is great.

 * Currentlly, ${PORTSDIR}/lang and ${PORTSDIR}/x11 have NOT contain
 * Tcl7.6/Tk4.2. I think this is not so good.
 * New Tcl/Tk ports resolve this situation. These ports handle jp and
 * non-jp packages.
 *
 * If variable LANG is 'C' or the port is extracted in ${PORTSDIR}/
 * lang/ then the port will make original, non-jp version of tcl.
 * And if LANG is 'ja' or it is extracted in japanese/ then it will
 * make jp version.

Um, this is going to be too complicated to handle.  Can you just make
them separate ports?  There are ways to share files (for an example,
see the *DIR definitions in www/slang-lynx/Makefile), if that as what
you are concerned about.

Also, lang/tcl76 and x11/tk42 should include the "default" target that
is NOT called from "install" by default.

Satoshi