Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:09:16 -0500
From:      "Christopher N . Harrell" <cnh@eng.mindspring.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: corruption of large packets using skip on FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE

Christopher N . Harrell wrote:

> I'm sure we've overlooking something, but we've been mulling over this for days now
> without any luck at all.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Here's the fix:

[ttyp1 cnh@bar]% for i in *.orig; do echo ${i%%.orig}; diff $i ${i%%.orig};
done                         /usr/ports/security/skip/work/skip/freebsd
skip_es.c
1769c1769
<       m->m_flags &= ~ M_EOR;
---
>       m->m_flags &= ~ M_PROTO1;
2233c2233
<       outbuf->m_flags |= M_EOR | M_PKTHDR;
---
>       outbuf->m_flags |= M_PROTO1 | M_PKTHDR;
skip_if.h
107c107
< #define       SKIP_DECRYPTED(m)       ((m)->m_flags & M_EOR)
---
> #define       SKIP_DECRYPTED(m)       ((m)->m_flags & M_PROTO1)

We believe that skip's use of M_EOR was being misinterpreted by something else.

It *looks* like M_PROTO1 is a protocol specific flag and can be used safely in
this way, but this could very well break something else;  Use with caution.

cheers,
Christopher