Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:25:42 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iSCSI and clustering with FreeBSD

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

>Hello Andy,
>
>Thursday, June 5, 2003, 3:48:08 PM, you wrote:
>

>>sort of like what Sequent had in their clusters (minus lock
>>

>manager).
>

>>I think wish to tackle process migration.  I have a good idea what
>>

>has
>
>If you're going to do process migration, any chance to get MOSIX like
>functionality, too?

I am not completely up on the current Mosix.  I read the paper a few
years ago when it
could only do 32 nodes without specific modifications.

What I would like to reach is VMS like process migration.  For all I
know it could be
the same thing.   I wish I had to time search this.  But suffice that I
saw VaxClusters
as a very beautiful thing and that was where I started from.

That should give some clues.  I have started a document detailing it,
but I can't reach it now otherwise
I would post it here.  I will post this in the next days ahead of the
release of the new software.
The software took longer because I moved to the final phase and it meant
some big changes
about configuration (for instance there is no GUI in the moment--OK some
people please don't
get sick trying to control your enthusiasm here ;-)  Later it may come back.

More will come in about a week, but the short answer to the question is YES.

Andy