Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:00:43 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jamie Jones <jamie@bishopston.net>
To:        jamie@bishopston.net, mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Power to Serve England

> Well, since Plaid Cymru and the SNP fought for, and have got,
> the first step towards independence, because they wanted Wales and
> Scotland to have a separate identity to England, why is it so wrong
> for we English to have a separate identity from Scotland and Wales?
>
> I wouldn't have a problem with
> {wales,scotland,ireland}.{consultants,jobs,media.tv} etc.
>
> Maybe you, personally, don't hold with devolution but many do and they
> can't have it both ways.

I thought I made it clear that I was referring to the practicalities
of duplicating newsgroups, across hierarchies which are similar as
far as the above mentioned newsgroups are concerned.

This has nothing to do with devloution, or the politics thereof.

I don't have a "problem" with england.* groups, but it seems silly
to recreate groups in england.* that are already in uk.* where there
is no cultural reason to have them duplicated inside england.* (or
indeed wales.*  etc)

I hope the people who set up england.* don't have the same chip on
their shoulder that you seem to!

Cheers,
Jamie

..