Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:51:01 -0700
From:      Ken Gunderson <kgunders@teamcool.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   mysql shared objects getting lost after reboot

Howdy Folks:

I'm getting messages like this in my logs:

Mar 28 10:19:09 gw02-ny postfix/smtpd[819]: unable to dlopen /usr/local/
lib/sasl2/libsql.so: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.15" not found,
required by "libsql.so"

Rebuilding mysql-client, postfix, and restarting /usr/local/etc/rc.d
scripts fixes the problem _until_ a reboot, then it reappears.  The
libs are all there but not found.  Recently ldconfig_compat was removed
from / etc/rc.d and mysql-client.sh no longer installed by client
port.  Then there was the libtool redo- ports were all rebuilt after
that via portupgrade.

Pretty much exactly the same issue as is reported here:

<http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=993919+0+archive/2006/freebsd-questions/20060305.freebsd-questions>;

Any clues as to why my amd64 machines might be confused?

TIA-

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson