Date:      24 Oct 97 10:06:20 +0100
From:      leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How much disk space to mirror 2.2.5-RELEASE?

At 24 Oct 97 08:14:12 crystal@chiadm.chinotek.net.tw wrote regarding How much disk space to mirror 2.2.5-RELEASE? in area "freebsd-questions"

 c> Installing FreeBSD from a ftp server is convenient!
 c> Yes, sure it is! However, I have only a 28.8K leased line.
 c> Life is too short to repeat this process for 10 times.
 c>
 c> Is it possible to mirror only PART OF the 2.2.5-RELEASE directory
 c> and put them on my local ftp server, so I can install FreeBSD from
 c> my local ftp server?  To be specific, I would like to install
 c> Kernel Developer Set.

Just copy all the files in one subdir to your system. You don't even need to put it on a ftp-server, you can install from a subdir directly.

E.g. the bin distribution is all the files in /pub/FreeBSD/2.2.5-RELEASE/bin
I even have the files on a dos-disk, so they can also be accessed from my bbs. A direct bbs to pc download at full 64K speed ISDN is faster for my users than by any ISP...

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---