Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 15:40:52 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        Eric Kozowski <eric@svjava.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 to 4.0

[Hint: looking at the mailing list archives is a good idea, since this
topic has been covered hundreds of times]

CVSUp to 4.0-RELEASE (put RELEASE_4_0_0 in your supfile). Read
/usr/src/UPDATING and do what it says. Then CVSUp to 4.0-STABLE, upgrade
as you usually would (cd /usr/src && make -j4 buildworld, make
installworld, cd /sys/i386/conf, config KERNEL, etc etc), and you should
be all set.

Eric