Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:17:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrea Di Fabio <fabio@cs.odu.edu>
To:        Richard Lyon <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE + SCSI

Well after many tries I have managed to boot from the SCSI drive.
The problem is with the bootmanager, which needs to be installed
from windows 95 in the IDE disk after the BSD is installed in the SCSI
disk.

Everything seems to be fine now ... BUT:

by default the kernwl is loaded from sd(1,a)kernel
and then at the very end of the process I get a:
"cannot mount root from sd1"
and the machine rebbots.

If I specify at the boot prompt:
1:sd(0,1)kernel
then I manage to mount / and I am good to go.

Is there any way to make this painful typing of 1:sd(0,1)kernel
automatic, so that It will look there by default ?

Also, what kernel is it loading at sd1 ??
I do not have an sd1 ... !!

Question 2:
I am using a packard bell PC with a PS/2 mouse, and I am having trouble
when trying to start X.  It seems not to like my mouse and complains about
the device 'psm0' which is in /dev !!

The manual says that the device needs to be reconfigured ...
Well what does it mean ?  I have also tried to use the sysinstall and
selected PS/2 mouse, with no luck at all :)

Thanks for your help :)