Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:13:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        jojo@buchonline.net
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, Alexander@Leidinger.net
Subject:   Re: PAO 3.4Release + DFE-650TX + Toshiba Satellite XDVD2650

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 jojo@buchonline.net wrote:

> I've searched the archives for some information about the DFE 650 and
> PAO. I've found some success reports and some "kind of success" reports.
> So there are installations where this combination works. Here it didn't
> work (ed0 device timeout).

I had this as well, it was just the IRQ being wrong. Just do a pccard
dumpcis on the card and pick a config (the numeric parameter in the
pccard.conf line) which has an IRQ which is available, etc.

An easy hack to experiment is to remove all things from the kernel
you do not need (i.e. serial, printer, ..) reboot into the bios,
disable all you can find. That gives you a nice large number of IRQ's
which are potentially free. Scan dmegs carefully, note the ones which are
left, and systematically try each config which has a free irq by modifying
the config X ed0 line in pccard.conf (and if des. the irq line at
the top to limit to the irq under test).

In my case I ended up moving the printer from 11 to IRQ 9 and letting the
DFE card have IRQ 11.

Dw.