Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:07:09 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: "can't find kernel source tree" error when building the kernel.

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:02:19PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Maybe now it will be more obvious why I thought that upgrade_checks
> should always be done, for all standard src/Makefile targets.
> Currently, you either need to upgrade your /usr/bin/make binary
> manually, or to use this command from /usr/src:
>
> 	make buildkernel -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE ...
>
> with up-to-date tools/regression/usr.bin/make/ and usr.bin/make/
> sources.

I don't think the original poster was building his kernel with
src/Makefile targets.  I believe he was doing it the old-fashioned
way: manual config, make depend, make kernel.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar@celabo.org . jvidrine@verio.net . nectar@freebsd.org . nectar@kth.se