Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:50:18 +0200
From:      Hans-Christian Ebke <hans-christian_ebke@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot CD crashes Thinkpad iSeries 1200

Hello together
I treid to install FreeBSD on my ThinkPad iSeries 1200. After Booting
the Installation CD (FreeBSD 4.3) and configuring the kernel (in visual
mode or in text mode) there is some some output (as follows) and then
the system hangs.

Output:
[unimportant things snipped]
ohci0: <AcerLabs M (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem 0x81c00000-0x81c00fff
irq 10 at device 20.0 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: SMM does not respind, resetting

The next thing in the list would be APM, so I'm not sure whether it is
USB's or APM's fault.

I tried the following to solve the problem:
-Disable all the stuff in the Kernel Config
-Downloaded the 4.4 RC1 boot floppy image (boot.flp)
-Building an own boot disk but I didn't really get it managed

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
  Hans-Christian

PS: x-posted to  mobile and questions; please f'up to the fitting list