Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:14:22 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: upgrade to 4.7 over net?

<see below>

I believe the typical way to upgrade is to cvsup the sources and do a
buildworld.

If you can't cvsup (small hard drive or whatever), you could delete your
src tree (saving your kernel), use /sysinstall to grab kernel only
source and do the old fashion compile method.  NOTE: This is not usually
recommended, but I have had to do it on occation.