Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:45:35 -0500
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where is Release Name stored?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 at 10:06:02 -0500, hawk wrote:
> I thought I could live with this a few weeks until my workstation
> comes, but now it seems I'm dealing with a few months . . .
>
> Where is the Release Name stored for /stand/sysinstall?  I've
> grepped through /etc/*, /etc/*/*, /stand/*, and /stand/*

/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh, however, I don't suggest changing it.

> Somehow or another, it has gotten the idea that the release is
> 4.2-STABLE (which doesn't exist).  Every time I want to work with the
> ports, I have to change it to 4.x-Stable.  Config save is set to yes,
> but it it doesn't save this.

That's because if you've built world from RELENG_4 *is* 4.2-STABLE.
Changing 4.2-STABLE in the sysinstall options to 4.2-RELEASE should fix
the problem.  I don't think that it stores the info there anywhere and
you need to do it each time you run sysinstall.  If you're only adding
packages, try pkg_add -r.

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -