Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:39:14 +0700
From:      John Francis Lee <jfl@robinlea.com>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: still no luck with ffmpeg 6_2_1 and FreeBSD 6.3

Thanks. I thought I had in knocked with lame, but the recorder I'm
using, a java applet called nonogong from Hong Kong university, uses an
imaADPCM, 4-bit format for its .wav files that lame chokes on. ffmpeg
has no problem! But I cannot get ffmpeg to run on my ViaVerio FreeBSD
server.

The nanogong applet can also use speex, but I don't know how to play
back speex. All this has to work in microsoft browsers because that's
what everyone who has a computer has her in Thailand. As elsewhere I
suppose, still.

HTML 5 is coming... but not yet. And to microsoft kicking and screaming.

If anyone knows of a way to convert 4bit imaADPCM .wav files to mp3 on a
FreeBSD machine I'd be very happy to hear of it!

Thanks for your help.

--
"This message may have been intercepted and read by U.S. government
agencies including the FBI, CIA, and NSA and/or the present government

John Francis Lee
246/3 Thanon Kaew Wai
Mueang Chiangrai 57000
Thailand