Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:18:57 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        rwmaillists@googlemail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regular Expression Editor

> In general I think most people would use command line tools to test
> expressions.

Although I favor command line tools for most of my work (if only,
because it can work remotely, through a slow phone connection, across
the world); I like The Regex Coach (GUI tool) because it highlights
the various strings and substrings matched.

Also I like it because the regex (as far as I have used it) have the
exact syntax of Perl, so it is just a matter of cut & paste: usefull
to find a mistake in a long and intricated regex.

Bests,

Olivier