Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:05:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIS

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Laurence Berland wrote:

> What sort of NIS does freeebsd have?
> How would I go about setting it up?  Did a search for NIS in ports
> collection and found nothin.
> This is my first attempt at NIS, so any hints you have would also be
> useful

I put up a small tutorial of how to set up NIS at:

	www/realtime.net/sculpture

Just follow the FreeBSD links to get there. It is based on my experiences
with the 2.2.x branch and I have not done it yet on my new 3.1R system
but it should get you close. Also look over Hal Stern's book "Managing
NFS and NIS" pub by O'Reilly.

John