Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:57:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Matthias Apitz <matthias.apitz@oclc.org>
Cc:        Vince Hoffman <jhary@unsane.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: downloading video from http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=...

> $ youtube-dl 'http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7540047147367608928'
> Error: URL does not seem to be a youtube video URL. If it is, report a bug.
> $
>
> i.e. youtube-dl is for YouTube (and works for me), but not for Google
>
> thx anyway

stupid question.

how much does the high-speed connection cost in USA? i mean something in
Gbits/s range which is about how much google or youtube needs.

of course cheaper than in Poland, possibly worlds cheapest, but still
expensive.

what i mean: doing things the way preventing any caching (or just
downloading file and then playing many times) costs lots of
bandwidth==money, but do not give (in theory) gives money.

i'm sure that youtube or google owners are not idiots, so the question is
- how this practice is making money for them - more than lost for
bandwidth?